Seeking an Investment Manager to join our Homes Investment Team
Investment Manager – Homes
Bristol and Bath Regional Capital
Where: Central Bristol, minimum 2 days / week in the office
Role: Investment management, origination and execution, business development
Reporting to: Chief Investment Officer
Type of role: Permanent full time
Salary: Competitive + bonus
About Bristol & Bath Regional Capital
Bristol & Bath Regional Capital is a leader in impact investment with a focus on the South West of England.
We invest in real estate, infrastructure and businesses to deliver attractive returns for investors and strong social, economic and environmental outcomes for local communities. Our local market insight and knowledge guides investment into valuable and impactful businesses and developments.
To-date, BBRC has raised £50m of impact investment into purposeful businesses, social enterprises and impactful housing in the South West. Now that we’ve proven the model with our ground-breaking City Funds initiative, we’re looking to scale to over £300m in the next two years, comprised of a £250m housing fund and a £50m green technology and infrastructure (Net Zero) fund.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Investment Manager to join our Homes investment team, leading the origination and execution of build-to-rent development opportunities which create affordable homes for key workers and working people and families, generating attractive risk adjusted returns with strong Impact and ESG outcomes for our investors. Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, this is a crucial role, where you will be pivotal in the success of our Homes strategy and in the development of the region’s supply of affordable and sustainable homes for rent.
This is a unique position where you’ll get to play a part in a scale-up business with impact at its heart. You will be responsible for driving investment in housing developments, identifying opportunities, building relationships, formulating the structure of deals, conducting due diligence on targets and executing deals. Our relationships with local developers, local authorities, housing associations and charities, and the communities they affect are key to our success, and so you will be expected to expand these by building your own networks within these stakeholder groups.
- Build and manage relationships with property owners, developers, housebuilders, agents, and other stakeholders in the property investment market.
- Develop and implement a business development strategy to identify and source off-market housing opportunities in the Bristol and Bath regions and the rest of the South West of England
- Supporting the CIO to create a formalised database of prospective investors, and providing a desktop filter for those investors so that the CIO and Non-Executive Directors can focus on the investors most likely to be interested in investing.
- Matching investor requirements with appropriate deals and financing structures
- Working with legal advisors to select the optimum structures for investment in housing, including SPVs and Private Markets Funds structures.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the BBRC Homes’ investment strategy and business plan.
- Work closely with the rest of the investment and finance teams to perform due diligence on potential investments, including financial analysis and market research.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to evaluate the suitability of potential investments.
- Negotiate terms and execute transactions on off-market housing investments.
- Monitor and analyse the performance of the BBRC Homes’ investments, and provide regular reports to the management team.
- Identify and manage risk in the investment portfolio, and take appropriate action to mitigate risks as required.
- Manage a portfolio of assets, working with outsourced agents to maximise yield.
- Lead the production of quarterly reports and other investor materials utilising internal and external resources.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, real estate, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in real estate investment management, with a focus on deal origination and execution.
- Track record of delivering completed and profitable housing deals across the housing sector.
- Ability to spot a good deal that offers attractive risk return characteristics.
- Strong analytical skills, including financial analysis, modelling, and market research.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the South West property markets, including an understanding of local regulations and planning requirements.
- Full UK driving licence.
- RICS qualification.
- Strong relationships with property developers, housing associations, local authorities, and housing charities in the South West of England.
- Interest in sustainability and Net Zero.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role. BBRC is unable to sponsor visas for this position.
Our commitment to inclusion
We believe our work is stronger with greater diversity and actively welcome applications from those who bring different experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives.
We are an equal opportunities employer with an inclusive work environment.
BBRC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind, on any grounds. Please let us know if you have any access needs, we will seek to make reasonable adjustments at interview and in the work environment to accommodate these where possible. Our team has a mix of part-time and full-time staff, and we can consider flexible working for the right candidate.