Join us at our upcoming ‘Building a thriving regional economy’ event on 3rd November
Are you a purposeful business, charity or social enterprise based in the Bristol or Bath region?
This is a unique opportunity to connect with like-minded partners & potential collaborators to learn about how place-based impact investment can help to tackle local issues & build a thriving regional economy.
The event will be led by Ed Rowberry, Chief Executive of Bristol & Bath Regional Capital, & includes:
- A keynote address from Shadi Brazell, Senior Programme Manager for the Impact Investing Institute, which is supported by the Govt’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office & the City of London Corporation.
- Reflections on BBRC’s journey to becoming Bristol & Bath’s first place-based investor from Richard Pendlebury MBE DL, BBRC’s outgoing chair, with the release of our brand new 2022 Impact Report.
- Looking ahead, with Jari Moate, BBRC’s Investment Director & Laura Barrow, Finance Director. They will set out BBRC’s plans to develop new funds of £50-100 million for the wider region to invest in impactful businesses accelerating the route to Net Zero. This will be an opportunity for investees & partners to find out more about our plans & talk to the team.
Marketplace exhibition and networking:
Alongside the talks, attendees can explore our marketplace of exhibitors, featuring a number of our investees & their innovative products & services, including:
- Bristol-founded brand, Yumello, will be offering tastings of their award-winning vegan nut butters.
- Fashion brand Amschela will be showcasing their range of sustainable & affordable luxury handbags.
- Big Issue eBikes, will be offering demos of their e-bikes & sharing details of their new offer for corporates looking to establish an e-bike scheme for staff.
- Demos of recent innovations in tech, including the GenieConnect® by Service Robotics Ltd digital companion & the AutonoMe app, that are helping improve the lives of vulnerable people.
- Yuup will be demonstrating their online platform & how it is working to support local communities & encourage diversity & creativity.
- The BBRC team will also be on hand to talk to potential investees about their business ideas & potential investors about partnership opportunities.
There will be welcome drinks & nibbles on arrival at 7pm. Talks will take place 7.30-8pm, followed by a further opportunity to network & explore the marketplace until 10pm.
Book your free place here